...the state of mind i find myself on any given morning...
fixing someone else's bodge repair:
one of the previous owners of my 306 appears to have managed to damage the
driver's door sill, knocking off the original paint.
he/she then simply painted over (badly & in the wrong colour paint!) without using primer.
surprisingly enough, this has eventually flaked off & started to rust.
Ii therefore decided to remove all the crap paint & rust and do the job properly.
|here is the sill before i started:
||Tool of choice, a 550 watt power drill with a cup sander attachment: (very
good - just remember the goggles!)
|one shiney patch now that the rust & flaky paint is gone:
||looking a bit closer, there was more rust than i though, hidden under
the rubbish single layer of paint...
|all masked up & ready to go...
||first layer of paint in place:
|top coat of colour
||final layer of lacquer down
I'll keep adding to this as i get time - there are some more details on the preparation of the surface etc
© C. Scott 2003 www.severebrainfailure.com, webmaster: email@example.com